You are here » Downloads » Protected Area Permit, Inner Line Permit & Others...


  1. For Application FORM for Restricted / Inner Line Permit, click on this to download (Portable Document format)

  2. All the Tibetan settlements established in India are classified as Protected Areas. Foreign friends of Tibetans wishing to visit the Tibetan settlements are required to take note of the following:

    1. Protected Area Permit (PAP) is mandatory for any foreigners to visit Tibetan Settlements in India. This service is provided free of cost by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
    2. PAP could be applied through the Indian Missions in your respective countries or directly to the Ministry of Home Affairs, Jaisalmer House, Mansingh Road, New Delhi - 11, through the PAP application form along with copies of your passport, visa details and two passport size photographs.
    3. Processing of PAP application takes about 4 - 8 weeks.

    You can download the PAP (Protected Area Permit) application form in Portable Document Format here by clicking on this

    For further information & guidance kindly contact:

    Bureau of His Holiness the Dalai Lama
    10, Ring Road, Lajpat Nagar - IV
    New Delhi - 110024, India
    Tel: +91-11-26218546 / 26218548 / 26474798 / 26439745
    Fax: +91-11-26461914,
    Email: |

    You can also check the status of your applied PAP, ILP and IC here at <> the Official website of Bureau Office of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, New Delhi.

  3. Tibetan Cooperative's Annual Report Forms (in Tibetan) are also available here for download. Click this